Northeast Harbor Main Street, ca. 1905Contributed by Great Harbor Maritime Museum
Horse drawn carriage in front of Herrick Livery, and what was known as the Sylvester Brown Block. The gambrel-roofed building to the far right of the picture is the Gaynor Hotel, which burned "suspiciously" in 1910. This photograph was taken between 1905, when electricity came to town, and 1910, when the Gaynor burned. Prior to the Herrick Livery being on Main Street, it was located next to the Union Church where it served as a school. In this picture, the bell tower is still on top of the old school. See item number 21074 for the bell from the school.
View additional information about this item on the Maine Memory Network.